The Matchless G3/L is a motorcycle developed for use by the British Army during the Second World War, when Matchless manufactured 80,000 G3 and G3/L models. The G3/L became one of the most popular motorcycles used during the war, as it was the first to replace the unforgiving “girder” front forks with a new technology, “Teledraulic” suspension. The Ministry of Defence continued to use the bikes into the 1960s.
The core engine was acquired in the UK. The parts needed to make it a complete engine came from Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, the UK, and the USA. Other miscellaneous parts were sourced in countries not mentioned above.
1941 =M= Spares List G3L
1941 Matchless G3L Owners Manual