Motosacoche was founded in 1899, by Henri and Armand Dufaux, in Geneva, Switzerland. Motosacoche was once the biggest Swiss motorcycle manufacturer, known also for its MAG (Motosacoche Acacias Genève) proprietary engines used by other European motorcycle manufacturers.
Motosacoche had factories in Switzerland, France and Italy, and supplied MAG engines to many other manufacturers including: AJW, Allegro, Ariel, Bayern, Brough Superior, Bucker, Clement, Condor, DFR, Dollar, Dresch, Edmund, Goricke, Hamlet, Hecker, Imperia, JH, Koehler-Escoffier, Lady, Matchless, MGC, Monet Goyon, Morgan, Neander, New Hudson, New-Map, OED, Packman & Poppe, Rex-Acme, Rovin, Royal Enfield, San-Sou-Pap, Spiegler, Terrot and TWN.
The core engine was acquired in Russia. The parts needed to make it a complete engine came from Australia, Canada, Germany, the UK, and the USA. Other miscellaneous parts were sourced in countries not mentioned above.